Ginger is a flowering plant that is widely used as a spice and medicine. It is also famous for herbal medicine. Ginger is a member of a plant family that includes cardamom and turmeric. It has multiple uses like it can be used as fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice. It’s a common ingredient in many recipes whether we talk about any Indian dish or Continental. It’s sometimes added to processed food and cosmetics and further with which you can make many delicious recipes.
Facts about Ginger
- Ginger maintains our mouth odor – Ginger is an anti-bacterial that brightens your smile and kills germs. Its active compounds called gingerols keeps oral bacteria away from growing.
- Ginger is used for medicinal purposes to cure your infection, pain, and nausea.
- Ginger can reduce and give you ease in menstrual cramps.
- Ginger soothes Sore Muscles- Ginger is said to cure muscle pain. You can consume 2 gram of ginger and see the difference within 11 days
- Ginger Prevents Cancer – According to a study, researchers found that ginger was very effective in blocking prostate cancer cells and their growth. However, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it can reduce your risk of having cancer.
- Relief from the discomfort of the stomach – Ginger soup can do the trick and can help you empty your stomach within 20 minutes after consumption.
Benefits in Hair and Skin
- Anti-aging- Drink ginger tea every day helps you to prevent wrinkles and aging.
- Glow and Tone your skin – Ginger helps you to glow and keeps your skin tone perfectly.
- White Scars – Put a piece of Ginger on white scars for 15 minutes it helps in white scars.
- Reduces Hair Fall – Ginger helps to reduce hair fall issues. Ginger can be consumed in the form of food or tea, or you can make it as a paste and place it on your hair and allow it to dry for some time then wash your hair, and help is hair growth.
- Dandruff and Split Ends – Ginger prevents dandruff and helps in split ends.
Eating Too Much Ginger
Ginger may have lots of amazing benefits, but over-consumption of anything is not good.
- Consuming excessive ginger may increase heartburn
- If in case you are taking blood-thinning medications, then you need to consult your doctor before you consume ginger.