Whether you want to take a small break or delete your Facebook account permanently, this is how it’s possible now. Facebook has long been known to take, store, and sell your data and continuously make you re-evaluate how the social network handles your privacy, now you can get rid of it too. If you want to keep your Facebook data stored, you can download the data before deleting the Facebook account. Although the messages you sent friends and copies of messages in their inboxes, will be still visible to them after you delete your account. Earlier we could only deactivate the Facebook account and were unable to delete the Facebook account but now it’s easy in few steps.
What’s the Difference Between Deactivation and Deletion?
There are two ways for you to delete your Facebook account. You can deactivate your account or delete it completely. Deactivate allows you to come back and reactivate your account, while Deleting is the permanent option.
Deactivating your account is useful if you want to take a break or are going somewhere for a while with the intention to come back online without having to set up a whole new account. Deactivation of account, lets people see your name on your friend’s lists but not the picture. You can still use Facebook Messenger while your account is deactivated, which allows you to stay connected.
Deleting your account is permanent. You won’t be able to reactivate your account. All of your posts, photos, videos, etc are erased forever. You won’t be able to use the Facebook Login feature.
Steps to Delete Facebook Account-
Step 1 – Log in to your Facebook account and go to Settings & Privacy
Step 2 – Click on Settings
Step 3 – Scroll down to Your Facebook Information and click on Account Ownership & Control
Step 4 – Click on Deactivation and Deletion
Step 5 – Click on Delete Account & then Continue to account deletion
Step 6 – In Account Deletion scroll down and click on delete account
Step 7 – Click on Log out if you want to keep your account deletion scheduled else click on Yes, Continue to Facebook
How To Cancel Facebook Account Deletion?
Within 30 days of deleting your account, you can apply for cancel of your account deletion. After 30 days, your account and all of your information will be permanently deleted, and you won’t be able to retrieve your information.
It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you’ve posted. While we’re deleting this information, it’s not accessible to other people using Facebook.
Copies of your information may remain after the 90 days in backup storage for recovery in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. Information for things such as legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts can also be kept with Facebook.
To cancel your account deletion:
- Log in to your Facebook account within 30 days of deleting your account.
- Click Cancel Deletion.
What happens if you permanently delete Facebook account?
- You won’t be able to reactivate your account.
- Your profile, photos, posts, videos, and everything else you’ve added will be permanently deleted. You won’t be able to retrieve anything you’ve added.
- You won’t be able to use Facebook Login for other apps that you may have signed up for with your Facebook accounts, such as Spotify or Pinterest.
- Deleting your Facebook account will also delete your Oculus information. This includes your app purchases and your achievements. You will no longer be able to return any apps and will lose any existing store credits.
- You’ll no longer be able to use Facebook Messenger.
- Some information, such as messages you sent to friends, may still be visible to them after you’ve deleted your account. Copies of messages that you’ve sent are stored in your friends’ inboxes.