As your business grows you have to keep upgrading your marketing strategies in order to survive in the market. For some pioneers, the acknowledgment that they need to work with showcasing experts helps inquiries of whether to go to a marketing agency or hire an in-house marketing team. There is no correct response to this inquiry, as it relies upon the business’ assets and necessities. All things considered, there are a couple of issues that pioneers ought to consider while deciding if to employ an advertising office or to build up an in-house group. Here are a couple of key elements to consider. There are few things that business leaders should consider when deciding which to hire a Marketing Agency or a Marketing Team?
#1 Which Type of Expertise Required?
In-house marketing professionals and marketing agencies both bring unique areas of expertise. When determining what’s best for your business, it’s important to consider the type of expertise your business wants and needs. If we talk about Marketing Team, the person will know what your team does and what your company is about. The main thing is that they will be investing their entire time in your business and its success. On the other hand, if it’s a Marketing Agency, you’ll get access to an entire team of marketing professionals with an array of expertise. You will get a skilled team that will be updated with the latest trends and will get a different and fresh perspective.
Timeline is also a crucial factor to consider. If your new products are not taking off as anticipated or competitors begin gaining market share, then in such situations, businesses should consider a market agency.
Marketing agencies can jump in immediately and quickly develop a marketing strategy. It takes much longer to recruit, hire and train your own marketing professional.
#3 Communication Factor
Another factor to consider is what sort of communication you’d like to have with your marketing team. Having a marketing team means that you are working side-by-side, have regular communication, and can get ongoing, immediate updates. If you consider a marketing agency then you would have indirect communication and have less connection with your business. Things shift to primarily e-mail and phone communication, and you won’t have the same sort of constant communication and access.
No doubt budget is an important factor to consider as it’s generally more expensive to hire your own marketing professional than it is to work with a marketing agency. When you plan to hire a marketing expert, you need to keep in mind that you’ll have to pay their salary & all of the additional expenses that come with hiring quality employees. The cost includes recruitment costs, payroll taxes, pensions, benefits, training, etc. If you work with an agency, it is less expensive than having in-house marketing experts. While you might think the salary of one employee is equivalent to the retainer for a marketing agency, it’s also important to factor in all of the additional costs.
There are some advantages and disadvantages for both Marketing Agency as well as Marketing Team, which would further help you determine which is the best for you.
- Industry knowledge
- No hiring or recruiting fee
- Includes an account manager or account coordinator that you don’t even pay for
- Have a lot of connections & relations
- Smartness & Talent
- Constantly learning and attending conferences/classes at their own expense
- You don’t see them or can micro-manage them every day
- Shared resources
- It may take them longer to learn the ins and out of your company especially if your process/business is more complex
- You cannot make them work on weekends or holidays unless you pay extra
- Their sole focus is your brand so they will learn about your company faster
- They have inside access to your workplace and can quickly grab content
- Better collaboration with other teams like in Sales
- Part of your company culture
- Cost as mentioned above
- No software or access to the best of the best tools
- Limited talent in digital marketing (only good at 1 or 2 things)
- Cannot develop a comprehensive & good marketing plan (marketing plans should be developed by 5+ staff)
- No marketing process in place
- Slow growth advancement
- Not a good fit for your company
So which is better, in-house staff or an agency? That’s up to you! For some companies, in-house is more effective, for others, an agency is an answer. Think wisely!